Thursday, December 9, 2010

Passion, Pigments and Clean Water?

by Joe Naylor, Marketing Manager
AdEdge Technologies Inc.

Recently, I was on a flight out of town and the man in the seat next to me, bored with his airline magazine, finally spoke up and asked "where ya headed"? A small town outside Newark I replied. Then, after a brief pause and feeling a little obligated, I asked him...what's your destination? Immediately he exploded with life as he answered "I'm going to a pigment show".

Surprised at his sudden change of character and enthusiasm about going to a pigment show, I responded...really!.. and what kind of pigments are exhibited at this show? All kinds, he said. There are plant pigments, chemical pigments, dry pigments, liquid pigments, pigments for cosmetics, pigments for printing, organic pigments, and even fluorescent pigments. He continued on, enthusiastically proceeding through a rather long list of facts and information. After about 10 minutes I felt like an expert on pigments, and that I had just attended the entire show he was on his way to attend.

Ok, so what does this story really have to do with clean water? Everything!

Eventually we were re-entering our silent flight mode. I thought about how impressed I was with his excitement and enthusiasm about pigments, and more important, how passionate he was about pigments, and... how we in the water treatment industry have to be passionate about clean water.

The world's population grows while the natural supply of potable water remains constant. It's our industry that keeps it safe. We all need to be the person on the plane who can't wait to talk about our passion for clean water. Ask any employee at AdEdge, and they'll tell you what's on top of our Company's Core Values list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really like the graphical design and navigation of the site, easy on the eyes and good content. other sites are just way too overflowing with adds